Golf Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are set forth to ensure maximum enjoyment and safety to all golfers. It is to be expected that the pride we take in the The Meadows Golf and Swim Club, coupled with the thoughtfulness and consideration of our patrons, will make enforcement of these rules minimal. Management reserves the right to alter or adjust these guidelines as deemed appropriate.
II. Golf Rules
1. All players must register in the Golf Shop prior to play.
2. The Golf Professional Staff has full authority over golfers at all times. They will offer service and assistance to customers and enforce the rules and regulations.
3. Each player is required to have their own set of clubs and a bag.
4. No more than two golf carts per foursome; one cart per twosome.
5. All golf cart operators must have a valid Drivers license and be at least 18 years of age.
6. Golf carts must remain 30’ from the putting surface and remain on the path next to tee boxes and Par 3’s.
7. All play will start on hole #1. The Golf Shop Staff will be responsible for any exceptions to this policy.
8. No more than four players in a group.
9. Cart path rules will be posted for the day.
10. Player Assistants will monitor the pace of play. Your cooperation is requested.
11. Proper golf attire is required at all times. Cut-off jeans, swimsuits, and tank tops are prohibited.
12. Soft spikes only. Metal spikes are strictly prohibited.
13. Golf cart hours will be posted in the golf shop and on the first tee according to the season. Generally, carts must be returned before dark (15 minutes after sunset).
14. Damage to any course property, including carts, is the responsibility of the individual.
III. Regulations for Play
1. It shall be the duty of the Golf Professional Staff to regulate the time and start of play. Scheduled golf events may necessitate a need to adjust normal tee time intervals. This will be done in a fashion that maintains the quality and speed of play. A 4 1/2 hour round is the standard at ‘The Meadows”.
2. All groups are required to start from their assigned hole and play the course in proper sequence.
3. Practice on the golf course is prohibited. All practice must take place in the designated areas: driving range, putting and chipping greens.
5. Members are permitted to walk any time during the months of November, December, January, February and March. They may also walk on weekdays from April 1 to October 31; and before 8:30 am and after 1:30 PM on weekends and holidays. Non-Members are permitted to walk on weekdays and after 1:30 PM on weekends and holidays, however current rates and fees are in effect. When course conditions are “Cart Path Only”, members may walk anytime.
6. Rain Checks will be issued only when inclement weather causes the course to become unplayable and management closes the course for the day. (Current rain check policy details will be posted in the golf shop.)
7. Junior Golfers: Parents are responsible at all times for the actions of junior golfers. A parent or an adult must be present with any junior, age12 or under, while using the facility. An adult must be present when a golf cart is in use and is the only one permitted to drive.
IV. Practice Area
1. Driving Range hours will be posted. The Golf Professional Staff will adjust such hours should conditions warrant a change.
2. Practice must be from the area designated for the day. Patrons may be limited to “mats only” during times of maintenance, re-sodding, wet conditions, or extreme wear.
3. Golf shop personnel only are permitted to retrieve balls from landing areas.
Adherence to these rules will help us create an environment that we can all be proud of as we use this great facility. Thanks for your cooperation.
Pool Rules and Regulations
1. Each member and guest must register at the front entrance to the pool. This is a private pool for the enjoyment of members and accompanied guests only.
2. No child under the age of 12 is permitted at the pool unless accompanied by a member at least 15 years of age or older.
3. Children who are 5 years of age or older should not be in the baby pool.
4. Boisterous conduct, running, shoving, horseplay, or screaming will NOT be tolerated.
5. Only one (1) diver on the diving board at any time. Divers must use the ladder closest to the diving board to exit the pool.
6. Inexperienced swimmers or swim-aids are prohibited on the diving boards.
7. Free swim time in the diving well will be designated by the lifeguards. Absolutely NO diving from the boards during these times.
8. Swim-aids will only be permitted in the shallow end of the pool (less than 5 ft. depth) and ONLY as long as the child is supervised by an adult.
9. Lifeguards are not “babysitters”. Do not expect them to watch your child on an individual basis. Children are to remain clear of any guard stations.
10. At the sound of thunder the lifeguards will clear the pool for at least thirty (30) minutes. Lifeguards must give the ALL CLEAR signal before re-entering the pool.
11. Please call on a lifeguard (if one is on duty) in cases of emergency or for any purpose deemed necessary.
12. During swimming lessons and swim team activities, the instructor reserves the right to rope off certain areas of the pool for participants.
13. Any pool parties must be coordinated with and receive approval from Management.
14. Glass containers are not allowed on the pool’s concrete deck.
15. Lifeguards have final and complete authority to enforce ALL rules of safety.
16. During SWIM –AT-YOUR-OWN-RISK times (to be determined), an attendant lifeguard or employee will be present to enforce the above mentioned rules.
The above rules and regulations are subject to change at Management discretion.